View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 12:28 PM
DarkSideMoon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by MantisToboggan View Post
"Mentorship and promotional material" lol. You get up to $5,000 in tuition reimbursement. Great, but not salary.

Do you have a crew badge that says PSA Airlines? Do you get first year FO pay? Are you in the union? Are you in CASS??

Sounds like you aren't an employee. Reminds me of the guys I work with who think they work for American Airlines. Again, does your badge say AA?
The point is that the "hire" takes place at the private pilot level and as long as you don't bend an airplane or do something colossally stupid you're going to be an American pilot. They'll tell you in the cadet interview that they're hiring for American. The only chance they have to get rid of you is during your probationary periods.

I don't work an an American WO, I'm just pointing out that similar programs exist already and Delta is just taking it one step further. I don't know why anyone is surprised Delta treats Endeavor the way they do, look at Comair. Delta is ruthlessly brilliant at business. If you're dealing with them, they're going to come out ahead.