View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 03:59 PM
Ispeakjive
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015

Originally Posted by Hang em High View Post
I am considering filling out an app for Horizon. My Two goals are to get back to the PNW and eventually fly for Alaska. I currently fly 135 in a Gulfstream. I am just curious as too what are the best options Q400 with $20,000 bonus or E175 ? Which base would be the best in regards to QOL and upgrades ? What is a typical schedule per month on the line ? 4 days on 3 off. How many days do you typically have off per month ? Do you typically achieve the 70 hrs month or do you fly much more ? Is it frowned upon if one picks up some 91 gigs on their time off. Just looking to supplement the low pay in the first couple years.
Forgive my questions , if they seem basic and silly. I am not a 121 guy although I am hoping to be soon.
Horizon is cancelling flights and delaying/cancelling E-175 orders because of a pilot shortage that they created. I.e. they didn't have the foresight to hire more and pay a standard wage. Horizon is also pulling out of Anchorage--which is the consummate fail for that brand. SkyWest will also get you into the PNW in a jet with respectable upgrade times.