View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 07:28 PM
Macjet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Airplanes

Originally Posted by Planepirate View Post
Attrition: Total pilots who left/ total pilots. 5.5%. We got it. What I’m trying to explain to you is that you are ignorant for arguing with the OP. His title of “25% attrition”, is not really true in general terms of how it is usually calculated, but he showed his math with factual numbers. Is it not possible that a perspective new hire could be scrolling through the forums and see that and say to himself “wow 25% attrition. Things must be bad at Spirit. I don’t want to work there”. So therefore why would you argue with that? I personally don’t feel the need to correct him. Plus you could argue that you can calculate all kinds of different attrition. Example: “under age 40 attrition” could be calculated by taking the pilots under 40 who left divided by the total pilots under 40. I would call the OP’s calculations (total who left / total hired) “net new hire attrition” etc.

I swear, Spirit Airlines could asses each passenger with a “chemtrail neutralizer tax” of $1 per ticket and use that to pay the pilots industry leading pay, yet we would have people like you yelling and screaming about how chemtrails aren’t real lol. Not me. I’d be like “heck yeah they’re real”
No, there is only one way to calculate attrition. And I would hope that a potential applicant to Spirit would rely on and receive facts about a career decision rather than basing it purely on your emotionally driven rhetoric. There is sufficient factual information to dissuade a quality candidate away from Spirit without us resorting the half-truths and lies.