Old 11-24-2017, 06:55 PM
kwri10s
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
Look at the seniority of the guys that are pushing the plan. KB is probably fairly close to your seniority (6xx,xxx number) and PM is a year junior to me. If they are confident in it, do you really think that they would be pushing something that was going to be detrimental to their retirement just to screw the entire crew force?
I don't question their smarts, but I do question their decision making capability. KB is a big advocate of owning multiple timeshares. Not particularly relevant to retirement planning, but it gives me a good idea of how that person makes a decision on areas I am more familiar with. I can then extrapolate forward to a more complicated decision (retirement).

I also know personally, that my FDX healthcare expense rose 500% with the latest contract. When I asked KB personally about why I was never informed about that huge change and why they never used that number when they briefed us about the possible healthcare increases? He said there were only a few people affected by the big increases, so it would be unfair to the briefers to highlight really big numbers. They wanted to only highlight the best numbers that affected the majority of the people. So if that's how they did it last time, do you really think that with something this complicated, they are going to brief all the possible bad outcomes? Or maybe just the best case scenarios that affect the majority.