Thread: Bid Rumors?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 04:53 AM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by Daniel Larusso View Post

Take a look at some of the other companies that use a similar min/max/dynamic staffing model on bids and you will see similar manipulation of those levels on a given bid just like we are now and will continue to see even when things are fully automated. If you’ve got friends at places like United for example , ask them to send you a copy of some of their system bids and you’ll see what I mean. In fact they see more manipulation than we will probably see for a couple of reasons. They have more bases and categories than we do, meaning the company is more likely to shift staffing seasonally or when they change gauge in a particular market(ie SFO-NRT might go from a 777 to 787 while EWR-NRT might do the opposite). They also tend to have far more, smaller, system bids than we do so the specificity of a particular bid is often higher similar to this 17-02 bid. If they buy 10 used A320’s, they’ll just run a small bid for that with the other min/max levels set not to create additional vacancies.

I forgot to add ...

They, they, they ...They do this, they have that, this is how they do it ...

I don't give a rip about how "they" do it, and I don't need to look at anyone else's company to know that MY COMPANY is violating MY CONTRACT.

Should our motto be, "We'll enforce our contract if we feel like it"?