View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 08:51 AM
80Z28Dude
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: MD-11

On the MD-11, OT is normally available in November and December. You just have to bid your days off to be when the flying is heaviest. If your days off fall after Christmas, OT is unlikely. 24 days a month average is unlikely for the whole year, but shouldn’t be a problem during peak. I got 26 last November and will do more this year. It’s my choice because of the 2X pay and I’m glad to have the option. Last year, Jan and Feb were slow, but OT was available throughout the rest of the year. Who knows what will happen this year? The company is working on inking some new contracts in Dec. The bottom line is that there are plenty of guys that only want to fly the minimum (20 days during peak, 17 off peak) and enough guys that want OT to keep 98% happy.

Are you on the 74 or the MD?

If you're MD, do you know how realistic getting extra on days and OT is on average. Im sure DEC has plenty of OT opportunity, but DEC is the busiest month of the year. I was sold on the availability of 24 day months if you wanted them. So far, its not looking like i'm going to be getting the chance to OT in DEC i've been waiting for IOE for a month. I've heard after DEC through to around SEP things are pretty slow. If you're on the phone with crew scheduling a few days before the end of your cycle telling them you want to stay working, is there work to be had?[/QUOTE]