View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 03:50 AM
Skyone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: B777 Left

Originally Posted by Buford
Can anyone who attended the dog and pony shows in ATL or LAX give some impressions of what they saw there? Who spoke on behalf of Emirates? How was the turnout? In short- what did you think?
I attended the "roadshow" in ATL. They did three days, two sessions per day. In attendance was an A330 former USAir captain, a lady head of pilot recruitment and a training captain doing the sim evals. The presentation included a short film dealing with living in Dubai, by pilots and families and a HR presentation of terms and conditions. Both individuals, I thought were excellent and tried to pull no punches. They addressed some of the negatives that have been written here and on pprune.com. A lot of discussion on living in Dubai. Good q&a session afterwards. During all of this, the training captain was giving invitees their sim eval along with the written test. There was a US consulting company that had done all the logistical legwork for EK, including getting the Delta MD11 simulator.

In attendance was an average of around 25 pilots or so at each session. More in the beginning and tapering off the last round, I was told. Some curiosity seekers from training at DAL, since it is across the street and some ready to move.

I was impressed with the former USAir captain in that he had been at USAir for over 20+ years, a check captain, etc. and appeared to be very happy with his decision to be at EK.

Hope this helps.
S1

Last edited by Skyone; 03-28-2006 at 04:31 AM.