View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 01:23 PM
Han Solo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Fastest Hunk of Junk in the Galaxy

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Its an optional extra free higher priority than an S3. If they want a full S2, use one of theirs. Simple.

There is no entitlement for a spouse trying to go with a spouse on a holiday to bump a pilot trying to get to/from work on a holiday when the pilot is even willing to burn an S2 to do so. In that case, the pilot using an S2 should absolutely go ahead of the spouse who isn't even willing or able to (because they already used them all up or want to save them for something else).
Of course the senior spouse could burn an S2 and still bump that guy going to work... Your argument really doesn't make much sense. Don't get me wrong, I'm with you in principle but I also agree the S2B just doesn't buy you much. In my contract survey I asked to trade our S2s for some quantity of PS tickets, think I asked for 3. I'm a plans kind of guy, playing nonrev roulette just isn't my style. It would be nice to plan a vacation with free airfare instead of waiting until I'm on the plane to book the hotel, car, etc, etc...