Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 07:41 AM
JMO127
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by feltf4 View Post
Not sure your background, goal, aspirations in aviation.

Shelling $1,000 to interview is quite the investment. If your hopes are too fly a new shiny jet in the next 5 years, look elsewhere. If you’re set instone on on working here the next 10 years until you find some place else to go, do it, then that investment is worth it. To each their own.

The ROI for future growth in this career is low if you come here. You’ll learn to fly and go places you wouldn’t go with you modern jetliner.

Your boys will be turning left into the cockpit on a wide body while you’re turning right into the cockpit getting coffee paper and ice in that ten years...

You’ll be making 130k with minimal investment in into your 401k, while others will be eating tea and crummpets making 250-300 with 16% into the 401k...

Things that will never change will be 8/6, think about that for the next 10 years. You can work 8 days at a major and make 3X’s as much...

The markets hot. Regionals are shelling so much to get people to their doors and in their jets... retirements. All the same BS that has been said..... planes a planes a plane. Up down left right, gear up gear down. Invest in the 10 years you haven’t even got to yet, not the 8 days youre about to work.

Previous employee. Enjoyed my time, but it’s not a resume builder. And a relocation, and a big investment for the interview is something to think about. Not trying to down play this place. But there’s a lot to think about when investing into your career.
Thats a well thought out statement and I agree with some of the items you said. However, think on this for a minute. I know its a 'shocker' but not everyone wants to be at the airlines/regionals/majors or to hurry and get a seniority number. There are other options for folks than going to the airlines. I often reject the notion that if you don't go to the airlines, you somehow make the wrong decision in aviation. Headed down a seemingly negative path as a career choice as it is often said and described above. There are other paths in life that don't go through the airlines. IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT THE AIRLINES. I just don't understand why that is such a hard concept to grasp. I have never been one to chase an airframe or anything else for that matter in aviation. It's not all about the jet and the status of being an airline pilot. Yet somehow, folks like me are viewed as the black sheep in the business by those who choose to go there. If you don't go to the airlines/regionals you are looked down as less educated, less focused on your career, and have a general lack of understanding in life. Currency doesn't equal proficiency. Just my thoughts. It's the other side of the coin.