View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 11:54 AM
ItnStln
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I use logbook pro, because it generates reports that match the way airline apps requires flight time data. Don't know about LTP.
Thanks, I will check out logbook pro as well!
I've onlu used telex 850 (suitable for jets only), and Bose. You do want the dual jack, unless you're training in an airbus.
I'm not training on an Airbus, yet. Hopefully one day I will get to that point.
Needs to be a school approved for that specific program by the FAA. The FAA should have a list, or you can ask specific schools (get it in writing).
Thanks, that's what I figured. I will check the FAA site or reach out to the program director. Great tip on getting it in writing!
Yes, get a 1C to make sure you can hold one. I would recommend an EKG as well, same reason.
Thanks! I probably should do the 1C first so that way if I don't pass the 1C I can reevaluate things before I am too far along. Plus my reading is that I can still use it as a 3C for 2 years ("the certificate holder may then only exercise the privileges of a second class medical certificate until the last day of the month, twelve months after the certificate was issued, thereafter the privileges of a third class medical until the last day of the month, twenty four months after the medical was issued" FAA $61.23 d-1-iii). However, I am probably misreading that.