Thread: ABX Hiring
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 04:12 AM
hackerbyday
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by sherpster View Post
No.

I would like to see ABX pilots get a decent contract and they wont get it if you paint a rosy picture of the place. The fact that you might be higher up the seniority list and live in South Florida doesnt change the fact the place sucks for new FO's. I hope you aren't telling all your friends to apply here.

Also, have you noticed all the dopes picking up open time? I thought ABX had this great group of guys but I came to realize there are way too many guys slurping it up at the open time table who are basically backstabbing their fellow pilots. I realize it is a free country but geez, talk about short sighted.

I am really not sure why I care though.
When you first hired on during a growth spurt and lots of flying all was good, but now that things have slowed you don’t like the job that you accepted. Reserve does suck I’ve been on it for most of 20+ years here. It’s part of the job.
Maybe you should have taken the position where you are put in the left seat and bidding #1 at full pay from day one. It doesn’t exist so move on if you don’t like where your at now.

Complaining about your job and fellow crew members won’t make it a better place to work. Learn better ways to live while sitting reserve. Do something during the day. Having my uniform and suitcase with me only limits me to being within a 2 hr radius of the airport.