View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 04:32 AM
Jason605
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2016
Position: Enjoying the show

Originally Posted by sherpster View Post
No.

I would like to see ABX pilots get a decent contract and they wont get it if you paint a rosy picture of the place. The fact that you might be higher up the seniority list and live in South Florida doesnt change the fact the place sucks for new FO's. I hope you aren't telling all your friends to apply here.

Also, have you noticed all the dopes picking up open time? I thought ABX had this great group of guys but I came to realize there are way too many guys slurping it up at the open time table who are basically backstabbing their fellow pilots. I realize it is a free country but geez, talk about short sighted.

I am really not sure why I care though.
Take it easy. We are going to get a better contract or shut it down. That's a given. I'm not painting a rosy pic but it's not worst place in the world either and saying so isn't going to change negotiations one bit.

Fact is that if you don't live in base and are on reserve, life is gonna suck no matter what airline your at. I have a friend at FedEx who knew that and moved to base to have a life. At my previous airline, after years of beating myself up commuting, I broke down and moved to base. Complete game changer. So I can understand your frustration but aside from some of the day/night transition stuff, this isn't hell.

Addressing coming here. Sorry, but yes I have 2 friends I'd like to see come here who may need the work soon. People are going to apply no matter what is said on these message boards. I'd like to see good people come instead of idiots. You should welcome people to the bottom of the seniority list. It's another way for you to move up. ��

Now, I haven't been paying attention to who is grabbing open time. I never have since day one. I like my days off and have no desire to work on them. If I run into someone who is, I'll tell them to stop and save that flying for the reserve guys.�� I agree that is short sighted.

And, because I don't think it's said enough, we will get a better contract or lock the door behind us. That's one thing I've seen most people on the seniority list agree on.