View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 03:02 AM
WhiteMorpheus
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by E6BAV8R View Post
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have also applied to Endeavor but I haven't heard anything back yet. It's been about a week. 3 other carriers, including PSA and SkyWest, all called me back within about 12 hours of submitting my app.
If you interviewed at PSA today, you'd be looking at a February class date or later if you need ATP/CTP. There's no rule that says you can't interview at multiple places.

SkyWest has no union, so while they have reasonable pay, there is not as much "protection" of benefits.

Endeavor may have been in a sort of hiring freeze during the TA process, or they may be getting a slew of "more qualified" candidates leaving other regionals for the new pay scale.

Were I planning to move to ATL, I'd definitely check the Endeavor seniority situation to see how quickly I could hold it. At PSA, you are not likely to get CLT directly out of training unless you are in the 50+ crowd, but you should get it within about 3-4 months.

On reserve, I'm loving living in base. I can see how making a commute for a reserve block would be a bummer, so I'd recommend against it.

Also, for clarification, the SAP is only part of getting a commutable line. Some lines are already pretty commutable (reserve excluded) without any swapping, dropping, or trading. The SAP would just give you that extra flexibility so you might be able to get a 100% commutable final award. Domicile can have a huge impact on whether there are enough commutable trips, or not. I'm guessing CLT has more commutable lines than one of the non-hubs like TYS or DAY.