View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 05:15 AM
HighFlight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

If you aren’t comfortable posting what you do here, feel free to PM me. It was a legit question. And no, it has nothing to do with hyd quantity, which is something we are supposed to check after every fight, since it is on the checklist with O2 quantity.

I was asking about the LFOTD, particularly the nose wheel compartment. I’ll admit I wasn’t checking it, until it was brought to my attention that it was supposed to be checked just like the walk around before every flight (not just FFOD). I wasn’t taught that way, which makes me think others may not have been either.

Sharing such knowledge, rather than trying to get someone in trouble, can help people learn from the mistakes of others. I’d rather find out something I was neglecting on here rather than during a line check, wouldn’t you?

Originally Posted by clueless View Post
I do whatever the book says. If I didn't, I sure wouldn't post online that I didn't.

If you're nudging people to check the hyds on the last flight of the day so you're not stuck on the FFOD in Peoria with 35% hydraulic quantity on system 2 (awfully specific, I know), then ok, but I wouldn't hold your breath to get people to admit to not doing things by the book, even though you probably know the answer to the question you asked.