Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 02:26 PM
SpeedyVagabond
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Downwind, headed straight for the rocks, shanghaied aboard the ship of fools.

Originally Posted by MantisToboggan View Post
Ahh, angry that you can't tap your toe wherever you want even if it inconveniences people who prefer studying without annoying repetitive noises. Sounds like you think you're entitled to make whatever noises you wish, regardless of others preferences.

And you couldn't stop tapping even though it annoyed people around you?? Sounds a tad OCD to have to continually repeat the same action, no??

Sounds like you just annoy people around you and are too thick to pick up on societal norms and cues. Blaming your flaws on a whole generation is much easier to face, though.

If you'd look in the mirror, you'd see you posses all the traits you claim all millennials have.
Lighten up, Francis. Evidently your parents raised you poorly. Allow me to instruct you as they should have. First, there is no societal norm regarding toe tapping at coffee shops. Doesn't exist. Second, ocd is a personal problem. It's all your own to deal with. Don't expect others to help you with that. Third, I wasn't the one tapping my toes. You shouldn't assume things. It's telling that the other two people at the table with me and the millenial exchanged glances and half smiles at his angry outburst. Finally, no angry outbursts. How about saying, "excuse me, but I'm suffering from ocd and have no self control so I can't choose to not let a little quiet toe tapping not bother me and I will instead please ask you change your behavior to be in line with what I find acceptable." Even if ridiculous and selfish beyond belief, requests of others are always met with more success when politely delivered.

Last edited by SpeedyVagabond; 12-04-2017 at 03:02 PM.