View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 03:07 PM
suddenimpact
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Is Atlas pursuing court costs? I know our ExCo said they would if they won, but we obviously didn't win.

Most of our pilot group anticipated a easy win. Some of the more experienced union guys kind of new that we rarely win in court on work action cases by reviewing other carriers cases. How our union carried it out in public like they did under Kirchner guaranteed it was going to happen this way. While the court order seems like "kissing your sister" so to speak, this injunction will make section 19s against crewmembers easier for the company and in court on damages in the future against the union.

You can test it out yourselves by continuing, but I bet the union will not help you much when/if you get popped on it. The union will try to minimize their own exposure of your actions.

I've seen guys risk their jobs for a lot less, it's in our nature. Just make sure you have a class date somewhere else when you do if your not rock solid right on your actions. Also remember, you might be exposing your other crewmembers your paired with.