View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 05:06 AM
Punkah Louvre
Bus Driver ordinarie

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Airbus CA

changed in Rev 3, I'm told
-that’s what bugs me. We’re getti g constant updates to our primary documents without a list of changes published. A summary of new procedures would be very helpful no?

Originally Posted by HighFlight View Post
You nailed it. Complete exterior inspection, which is the same as the before every flight exterior inspection, which means the nose wheel area.

It caught me off guard when the CA flipped the hydraulics back on after the shutdown. I did it like he said it cuz that's my job, then looked it up later. He was right, and I have been missing it for a while now. I wasn't taught that way in training nor on OE. Hopefully everyone else is doing it right, but as I said, I'd rather someone learn from my mistake here.

There is nothing wrong admitting when you're wrong. Or learning something you didn't know. I still find CAs who think the NW area check is FFOD only (changed in Rev 3, I'm told). Heck, I even flew with a LCA who told me O2 and HYD checks after shutdown are FFOD checks, until I showed him. We all can learn, anytime and anywhere.

Now if only the CFM could arrange the cold/dark to engine start in a logical manner. THAT would help new hires a BUNCH!