View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 01:14 AM
mikey1029
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Default SOCAL Future Pilot

Im 26 years old living in southern California 15 miles west of Los Angeles. So i live smack down the middle of Brackett Field, El Monte airport, and Fullerton Municipal. Still deciding where i want to train at....

I have an associates degree in business and will be taking classes to get my bachelors which i will plan on getting within 3 years. Ive always wanted to fly since i was a kid but never really thought it was a possibility for me until recently.
Ive saved up a considerable amount of money from my previous job and am willing to put it all in on flight training because i love flying and want to fly as a career. Im not trying to do this fast or slow, just the right way. I havent chosen a particular flight school yet still deciding.

What im aware of by researching this site is that you need a PPL,instrument, CPL and then CFI for 1500 hours.
How should i be able to obtain all of these through part 61 or 141? I heard i should get my PPL at a part 61 and rest at a 141.

Ive done the math and the cheapest schools cost atleast $45,000 for the 250hrs, and thats just for flying with instruction. Does that sound right? average $110 for rental and $50 for instruction.

Basically what i want to become is a long haul legacy pilot. Preferably working out of LAX or Incheon. but Ill work anywhere. I want to fly the big planes such as 747, A380 and whatnot. Im absolutely willing to work at a regional and pay my dues to start. Money wouldnt be too much of an issue as i am single and do not plan to get married in the near future. I wouldnt mind marrying a flight attendant haha

So what are the best schools in my area? How does one become an airline pilot?

If anyone can chime in it would be much appreciated.
If any angelenos out there help a fellow brother out!