View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 05:22 AM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by Yfe330 View Post
Hi all.

My apologies if this topic is covered in another area. Any recommendations for FAA to EASA conversion. I work overseas as Captain. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
I can only comment on Ireland.

You will have to sit for the 14 written exams. You will have 18 months from the time you sit for the first exam to complete all 14. Bristol or Oxford Aviation offer distance learning programs. It was all self study.

Back in the day, some 12 years ago it was about 110 euro for each exam. I don’t remember the cost of the study materials. No matter as I’m sure the cost has gone up. Also, not all 14 exams were not offered during each sitting.

I took all of my paperwork, exam results, validation, certificate from Oxford, LPC, and medical to the IAA. A couple of days later, got a call from the IAA to collect my license.

Both training organizations can counsel you the best course to take based on the country validation is applicable. They can tell you locations and dates of sittings too. Good luck... well worth the effort as it opens more opportunities world wide.