View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 07:37 AM
Duct Mon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by motorboatin View Post
Post more often because you are spot on, sir!!!

A couple of thoughts addressing previous posts...I feel stronlgy that ALPA is not buying off on anything...completely disagree with this 👉“ALPA National buys into the idea that ULCC pilots aren't worth the same as they are at the Legacies.” 👈 NOT TRUE! They are fighting a hard fight on our behalf.

Unfortunately, pilots here aren’t going to see a damn penny more until bodies are leaving in droves. Legacy hiring is resuming to unprecedented levels when the new year arrives. So, good idea folks, make your statement by leaving. F9 has poisoned the water IMHO. You can’t sh!t on your employees for years and expect them to have any loyalty. The hard decision is stay the course and wait for the contract to eventually be complete (which may happen at some indeterminable time in the future) or leave and start building seniority at a new property where the human being is actually respected and compensated appropriately. Ok, so as I type that out I realize, maybe the decision isn’t that hard!

Realizing there’s a lot more to that decision than just willy-nilly walking out the door and starting over, think hard about a very short-term sacrifice to improve your career exponentially and Strongly consider casting your vote with a resignation.

6 months prior to my employment contact ends I will be actively and aggressively looking for employment by other airlines. When I first got to F9 everyone (ALPA, Pilots, Recruiters, Mgmt) were telling me that a new contract was on the way. Some even saying before Thanksgiving. 😡. Now it looks that we are many months if not years away from a new contract. And with mgmt now wanting to tear down the existing work rules that F9 pilots have benefited from and made this place worth working.
I agree with some of the recent posts about the current state of negotiations, ALPA’s position and the lack of willingness to be fair from mgmt. it makes it easier for me to make a decision to leave.