View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 02:11 PM
Jetlife
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
There was already an arbitration award a few years back allowing the union to distribute lanyards of a certain width, color, and print size. The proposed lanyards comply with the award. The company's threat does not.

Passive-aggressive? Perhaps. Embarrassing to the company? Probably. Going to happen? Absolutely.

Fatigue and operational tempo are the biggest problems facing the company right now. The union is attacking the issue from as many angles as possible.

I don't always agree with the union. Seldom, in fact. But I agree on this one.
I think its too subtle if they are trying to really get safety and scheduling practices noticed and changed. Another problem is that a large percentage of pilots say on the road QOL suffers, and along with it safety is compromised, but you know management has the metrics on it. They will gladly pull out how a large percentage has never fatigued, a bunch of guys extend duty days, extend tours etc.

This really would have been best solved during negotiations, because once again Pedro and the union are really pigeon held into just asking management to fix this stuff out of the kindness of their hearts. There was no hope of an IBB and the IBI or whatever it was called couldn't come to fruition simply because nothing impacted the company bad enough for management to give.