Thread: Via Air
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by 330driver View Post
I would like to thank everyone who had put in their input and gave me more info on this company on here. However after careful consideration and looking into the future and I recently had a chance to talk to few VIA Air pilots who are currently with the company and a few who left last year, I made the decision to withdraw my application and not consider Via as a potential employer. Nothing against the pilot group as i got a chance to interact and talk to some great guys but after my thorough research and the way some members of the management treat the employees both in present and in the past, I just feel this company does not have much of a bright future unless the attitude and perception of its management changes towards its employees based on the experiences some present and former via pilots shared with me. I don't think I personally would last long or be comfortable working in a place under some members from management that are two faced.
I wish VIA air the very best for their big dreams which will require a huge amount of effort from management if they want to be even close to the same standards of other airlines that offer much more in today's competitive market.
Last year the 121 certificate was brand new, the E145 was brand new on the certificate, the training program was brand new, the line Check airmen were new, and everybody was learning their new part 121 jobs. To add to that they got a batch of seriously abused aircraft that needed a lot of TLC to get back to a more dependable condition.

Your decision to make, but I haven’t heard any of the issues you’ve raised happening recently. Under the conditions last year, I wouldn’t be surprised if a few people felt put upon; but I think you need to look at the totality of the situation.

I’ve been around long enough to say without a doubt that there is no perfect airline management. I’ve worked for one that was openly hostile to their pilots. Via is a breath of fresh air in comparison. The work rules here are above average. The schedules have been improving, the company is growing and adding more routes and more planes.

Could things go south? Sure. It could also be the same as Jetblue was in the year 2000. A great place to be before it quadruples in size with larger jets.

Is the glass half full, or half empty..... you decide.