View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Andytcsi
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by flybywp View Post
Backlog is now down to as low as 2 months for some.

Right now it's pretty clear the most opportunities for flying and aircraft will be given to the regionals that can hire the most pilots. In order to stay competitive we will have to continue hiring at or near max capacity.

56 is likely just a year-end goal set for next year. I think it is realistic to say if we can staff them, AA will continue sending over 145s well past the 56 mark.
Being someone that just completed training and with multiple friends behind me, I wish I knew which part of the thin air you pulled the "down to 2 months" out of. Maybe between indoc and systems its getting shorter and close to 2 months for the senior Sept guys because of no indoc class in August, but you are not taking into your calculations the delay between LOE and SOE. Most guys that started SOE in Oct and Nov (like me) sat for 2 more months after LOE. Scheduling is having to work with all of us to make sure we get our cycles and consolidate in time for the 150 day mark, not even trying to hit the 120 day mark anymore.