View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 05:58 AM
BeatNavy
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by Jones11C View Post
I bid you all good evening. AD CW3, 40 years old. BS. Retire in 2020. 2000 hours PC/AC. Any way possible to fly for the ANG when I retire?

Fly safe er’body.
Don’t think any fixed wing unit would hire you since you’d have to go through UPT, and your age and time in service would likely preclude that. I doubt NGB/AFRC would approve that exception to policy, nor would any unit level commander. It just doesn’t make sense to send someone to training for 2 years when they are retirement eligible at the end of training, despite the ADSC that comes with pilot training. As for flying HH-60s (maybe ospreys too) in the ANG/USAFR, if you just got out tomorrow and stopped your clock, with 3 years left, you’d still have to get hired by an hh60 guard unit, but it may be theoretically possible. ARNG may be an easier sell as the accessions from Army AD to ARNG is a lot less of a nutroll than AD Army to ANG. I have a friend going commissioned Army AD UH60 to ANG HH60, and it’s a pain in the ass. If you’d done this 5-10 years ago it would have been much more possible.