View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 01:56 PM
Stratocruzr
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2015

SEE BELOW FROM ANOTHER FEED.
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WOTH ATLAS.

>> Your Negotiating Committee has just concluded the final session of 2017. ...The company is not only insistent on us giving in to a concessionary position based on the standards of the current Atlas Air contract but some of their proposed provisions have actually been concessionary when compared to the worst provisions of the current Southern Air contract.<<

Management literally just got done trying to convince a judge, their customers, the media & the shareholders that they were actively participating in fair & equitable contract negotiations to ensure future success via a well staffed operation & that this is a destination airline for pilots.

Now this.

The advice I just gave to a friend of mine enquiring about applying, is the same that I would give to to all my fellow professional pilots: Why would you reward such bad behavior? And this is truly bad behavior.

These guys paid themselves more than some of the legacy airlines recently & yet pay the line pilots 60% less. Now they want the pilots to give up even more? In a booming cargo market & ever increasing pilot shortage? Please note: Our brothers & sisters at Southern have been toiling away under a truly ridiculous CBA forced upon them by a bankruptcy court - THAT is already a concessionary contract. Now they are coming for another pound of flesh? Let that sink in.

Do yourself, your family & the piloting profession all a favor and spend your limited time, energy & resources seeking out an employer that truly respects & values your dedication, hard work and skills (in deeds and not simply lip service). Your skills are in demand - the market reflects this and almost all other companies are reacting to this reality in a positive way. Sadly, some are not only intent on being stuck firmly in the mud but actively striving to drag our profession back into the dark ages.

They are only doing this because they believe pilots are easily manipulated and keep showing up at their doorstep. When that is no longer the case their behavior will change as well.

You do get a vote in this.