View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 06:08 AM
LabMonkey76
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: FO

Originally Posted by BlueMoon View Post
I interviewed yesterday for Ca position. Was told this vacancy bid got filled (though it was close to bottom). They are getting a pool of CA qualified people and will pull from it when vacancies go unfilled.
Again going to my theory that these "street captain" positions are just an advertisement. They are seeking higher time applicants and advertising very quick upgrade times. When they get an applicant with ATP minimums you are put into a pool, aka saab fo, and pulled into the CA seat when vancancies go unfilled, aka you fill the vacancy.

Does anyone know if these "street captain" positions pay captain wages out of the gate, or are we all still earning 22.75 per hour for 75 hours while in training.

BTW, this is not a negative theory, I'm very excited about the quick upgrade, positive morale and general good will going around. This is a good thing, street captain seems to have a negative connotation, it would seem that HR has found a way to get higher time applicants to Mesaba by advertising short if not almost instant upgrades when qualified.