View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 02:53 PM
Bannerpilot24
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2016
Position: Caravan- Left

Originally Posted by surfnflyHI View Post
Hi, I have a few questions (assuming a Mokulele Kona PIC position) I couldn't find the answer to on this thread or the Mokulele website:

How long until family members receive flight benefits on airlines other than Mokulele?

j

Does Mokulele pay 100% of the pilots medical? Anything towards a pilot's family medical?

Could a Kona PIC regularly fly 100 hours a month if they wanted to or would counting on 80/mo be more realistic?

What is a current schedule like (days on/off, flight hours per day)?

Is the flight to/from an interview/sim check paid for?

What is the cost of shipping a car from Honolulu to Kona?

Any relocation assistance for a PIC position?

Thank you for your help!
6 months with the company

There is medical coverage through HMSA. It’s pretty good for individual not sure how it works for family coverage but I know that’s an option.

Not right now. Changes every few months depending on how we’re staffed. (There’s a lot of movement at this company). I typically bid 65 hours cause I’m not interested in building time and it keeps me on full time pay. If you are after the hours then you can bid more but most captains are probably averaging around 70-75. You can probably pick up extras and get closer to 80-85. 100 isn’t happening right now but maybe in the next couple months when those that are regional bound head out

Days on/days off depend on what you bid and your seniority. We have split shifts (AM/PM lines). Most lines will get you in the 4-5hr range but some of the longer regulars in Kona are as much as 5.8. You can bid as many as 6 days in a row if you want.

Don’t think so. But not positive

Don’t know. But from CA it’s like $900 so interisland can’t be more than $2-400 I wouldn’t think.

Not that I’m aware of but let me know if you get it cause I want a check if so. lol. Most expensive move ever from the other side of the country but sounds like you’re just coming from HNL so shouldn’t be bad for you