Old 12-22-2017, 02:27 PM
echelon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by ForeverJunior View Post
Well, we just caved on the lanyards.

...and I'm not blaming the MEC or the joint negotiating committee.

I blame the weak pilots who didn't believe in wearing them.
Can someone explain to me how switching to blue does NOT constitute caving/rolling over/etc to management's demands? Because ALPA seems to be painting this as some kind of win for us, or at least not a loss. ALPA can rationalize it however they want until the cows come home by saying that "blue sends the same message of unity" but at the end of the day, TK/management told us the orange needed to go and that it could be replaced by the blue even though they had no contractual basis to stand on and no legal avenues through which to discipline us for non-compliance, we pouted for a little while and posted lots of orange memes and pretended to be rebellious bad-a$$es, and now not even two weeks later they got what they wanted and the orange is gone, just like that.

ALPA wants us to believe that wearing the blue will send the same message, but the blue one is the one that's explicitly approved by the manuals, and plus it matches the uniform! The whole point of the orange, as I see it, was that it clashes horribly with both navy blue and dark grey/black. And all of this nonsense culminates in... drum roll... us filing a grievance?? Oh wow I bet management is really shaking in their boots now!! At least this stupid charade is over and we can get back to whining about things that matter, such as literally anything else.