View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Cubdriver

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: ATP, CFI etc.
Default CR diet

My program is similar to the CR diet except that I let it go on weekends. I eat 1200 calories a day for 5 days of the week, then try to eat smart for the other two as much as possible. I like alcoholic drinks and rich food, but I limit this sort of thing to only two days per week as a rule. Not giving up Sam Adams and Breyers totally, it's just not me. I never was into weight lifting either. I prefer cardio activities for around 45 minutes a session. I tend to push hard, heart rate over 150, 600+ calorie burn rate per hour. My BMI has been around 25 for the last 7 years, which is how long I have been doing this regimen. It is a regimen I can live with, and not feel taxed or bored.

My philosphy on this is you absolutely have to adopt eating and exercise practices that will work for you over the long haul. If you don't like something as a long-term proposition, you won't be doing it in 5 let alone 10 years. And if there is one thing you should do with a diet and exercise routine, it is to keep it up over the long term. Lose only half a pound a week for only two years and you've lost 52 pounds. Caloriewise this is a deficit of only 250 calories a day, or 12% of a recommended daily allowance for man. Weight loss is a slow, steady war.

As for the other benefits that CR supposedly brings, I don't think anyone brought up the question of why would one want to live a such long time? 70 seems like enough.

Last edited by Cubdriver; 10-17-2007 at 06:27 PM.