View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 09:47 PM
kimmy
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Unhappy Deferred due to the migraine

First of all, Merry Christmas!
I currently living in Seoul, Korea and I got my first FAA medical certificate on this 14/Oct. Before that, I checked 'headache or migraine' box. After that, upon my doctor's request, I sent my migraine diagnosis report to OKC.
And I got a letter, which requests they need more detailed report, including history, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment plan, current medication, and prognosis, within 60 days.
So I request to my neurologist who had issued my report for migraine, and here it is :

1. Sx. headache
2. History ; from last fall, starting with headache, nausea for 3 times(rt. pariety, occipital area, throbbing nature, once every few months, persist for half a day. VAS 4. Aura ; none)
3. Diagnosis(Conclusion):Nerologic exam ; no abnormal feature. Brain MRI exam ; normal
4.Treatment : none(no P.O medication). Life style modification recommended.

5. Duration of Treatment(Done) : Oct.16.2017 ~ Oct.18.2017

And additionally, I'm thinking about submit my MRI result report with this migraine report. Will it be helpful to get a medical certificate?
The letter says 'submit aforegead information in one mailing'. Is this means it has to be submitted by mail, not a fax or smth?

Actually, I'm going to go to Phoenix,AZ on Jan.30, which means maybe I don't have enough time to prepare new doc,and get a mail from FAA, if FAA requests more things to me.

I hope you guys help me to overcome this situation......!
Thanks!

Last edited by kimmy; 12-24-2017 at 09:49 PM. Reason: missed one question