View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 05:25 PM
cynicalaviator
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

I was in the same position you were and I decided to stay to get 1000 TPIC. Times were different but since you are already logging TPIC I would still stay until you get 1000. I understand the value of seniority but 6 months is not such a long time. It's true that a legacy could hire you without 1000 TPIC. They've also hired without a 4 year degree. But the odds will be against you.
I would get 1000 TPIC and then become an RJ FO. That way, you can start applying as soon as you get 1000 TPIC and keep updating your app as you fly right seat RJ. The chance that you will get a call is slim but at least you will officially meet their minimums (Though I imagine they don't all require TPIC. You'd have to check what the current competitive requirements are.)
If you don't and go straight to RJ FO, you will be able to apply but without 1000 TPIC, your chances of getting called will be slim. (if current competitive requirements require TPIC). Without the TPIC, you will be just like the other thousands of RJ FO's.

Last edited by cynicalaviator; 12-28-2017 at 05:40 PM.