View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 03:37 AM
Bumper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by mojo6911 View Post
What do you want to know?

Good:
  • You're on the road 80% of the time or more, so you rarely have to deal with management directly.
  • Hotels are Marriott or Hilton properties. There is a dollar limit, but if you are in a high demand area, you never get any flack for getting an expensive hotel if that's all there is. The worst hotel I stayed in was a Holiday Inn Express, because I was in the middle of nowhere.
  • I never got pushed into doing a trip. If an airplane breaks, that's the end of it. You never get asked to limp an illegal airplane home. With that said, you will have to MEL items and fly (legally) under the MEL.

Bad:
  • Schedule. Some guys love a 12/10. I couldn't adjust to it. Sometimes they have to rob a day from you, without your consent, for coverage. You get paid a bonus for this, but frankly, it isn't worth another day on the road, IMO.
  • No seniority or career progression. Some people upgrade fast, some never upgrade. It is kind of all over the place.
  • Pay. This was the main reason I left. When I upgraded, I was lowballed.
  • The airplanes always break. They're really old airplanes with lots of hours on them.

That's pretty much it. As far as 135 goes, it probably isn't the best, but it is far from the worst.
Anyone have info on training contract is two year nonprorated for the Falcon? Dollar amount ? How is over all quality of life now? Legs per day, last minute pop ups..... How do they decide on upgrades and pay? Still hiring for Falcon any chance on Gulfstream ? Thanks for info