View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 03:20 PM
prex8390
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by Green Needles View Post
Unless you count per diem, you aren't getting paid on a 3+ hour sit. Yes, I value time at home greatly. Yes, that extra day means a lot to me. Have you ever heard anyone on their death bed say they wished they spent more time at work? Just as importantly, I value the contract that we bargained for. I do everything I need to do to hold up my end of it and I expect the company to do the same. If I have to work more than the contract requires, I expect to be compensated. But then again, by the logic suggested by you and others, we should just lay down and take whatever the company gives us because it sucks at other carriers or sucked here at one time.

Yes, we have it better now here than we ever have, but that's not a reason to accept contract violations. Even less of a reason to belittle a fellow pilot for standing up for what we negotiated for.
As the saying goes “Rome wasn’t built in a day”. I want everything that you want. But we just voted in this TA 2 monthes ago. I’m no software genius but I’d imagine stuff like this takes time.
Patience grasshopper. It’ll come. I’m not losing my cool over probaky 3 days of my life over the next few monthes. Can’t imagine all the other stuff beyond work I’ve wasted my life on doing that i won’t get badk. Least I’m getting paid. I’m so sure that girl from junior year of high school i wasted all that time fretting over thinks about me still...