View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 11:17 AM
HighFlight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Well, air over water has essentially as much lift as dark air, so as long as you have been flying at night, I’d say you’re fully qualified on that angle.

A dozen crew members will usually take care of themselves and their jobs, just like our one or two. Perhaps more likelihood of drama with a larger crew, but as a CA I would do my best to stay out of it whether it were two or 10 FAs.

Here’s the ONLY real difference between you and a mainline pilot: they make the company more of a profit per man hour worked. That is all. Don’t doubt it... a person with a still-warm ATP certificate (can’t say still wet anymore, that would be wrong and politically incorrect) can fly for either company just as well.

It’s not like you struggle for years at a regional as a half-baked pilot, then suddenly on the day you are hired at a legacy you are suddenly “God’s Gift to Aviation” (in spite of what some mainline pilots would have you believe). We are the same. Some better at the task, some not so good. But legacy pilots are NOT paid more because they are better pilots. It’s simply business; shareholder profits.

Originally Posted by prex8390 View Post
I for one don’t fly over the ocean with 200 people on board with a dozen crew members. But I guess we both go from A to B right? Like a bus driver or a heck even a cab driver right? That guys new SUV wasn’t cheap. Where’s all the outrage over their salaries. Since we all take people from here to there