Thread: Spirit Training
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Kiwikid
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by Ed Force One View Post
Personally, there were certain difficulties in all of them. (I have a 737-200 type as well.) An airplane is an airplane, but going from Cessnas and Pipers to a 1900 was difficult because it was my first systems intensive airplane and they expected us to be able to build one.

Going from 1900 - E145, the glass and automation took some getting used to, but the information is still the same. (This is where you will slot in, coming from a Metro.) Mostly it was difficult because my sims were at 2:30AM.

The 737-200 was very primitive, but even though it was a shotgun cockpit, as opposed to the glass of the 145, you almost forget about it as soon as you start flying. I told myself, "I did it on the Beech, I can do it here."

The A320's difficulties (for me) were because while the cockpit is very similar to the E145, it's automation worked kinda opposite of the E145. I'd been on the E145 so long that it was hard to just memory dump it. Not having to un-learn an old automation philosophy, you might be at an advantage, but it could be the most difficult part of learning an Airbus, I don't know. Training for me was fine, but putting the new methods to work on the line, combined with lack of tactile feedback from the flight controls in landing, was where I struggled.
Awesome thanks for the input