Thread: Chances?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 06:12 PM
saab2000
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by armypilot View Post
Oh believe me, my app is in and I update my Pilot Credentials quite frequently. I applied to every application window this past year, but due to my schedule wasn’t able to attend WAI or OBAP and wasn’t quick enough on my computer to secure a spot to any of the in house events. I know it’s not the same as previous conferences, but I will be attending WAI this year. I was just looking for that little bit of hope to hang onto that SAAB2000 was able to provide.

More specifically on me, retired Army, 4 yr degree, and over 1000 hrs fixed wing PIC. However I was never an instructor or anything like that. I meet all the old requirements, but there’s not really anything that truly makes my resume stand out unfortunately.
I've never instructed either. I did have a 737 type rating and had the advantage of having time on type. So I would maybe pursue those opportunities if they're available. Check all the caveats and details though. They're usually not free.

If they know you're their kind of employee and know you'll breeze through training you'll likely get a call. There are a few places which train on the 737 right now and they're hiring.

I never knew I wanted SWA until they called me and I interviewed. Never talked to them at a career fair but when they called, I answered and I'm glad I did. Hang in there and look at all the byways to the destination you don't even know you're looking for. This is the best job I've ever had and while it's not perfect, it's pretty damn good. I'm on board and probably will be until I'm done flying.