Thread: Red Wing Aero?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 09:51 AM
Vanilla
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017

With the massive vacuum of hiring going on at the majors/cargo and the effects trickling down through the regionals, I just don't get how companies like these manage to attract anyone. I suppose as long as people apply and interview, management thinks what they are offering is still competitive. But when I read things like The owner hates pilots!... The CP and owners appear disinterested during the interview.... why? why bother? seriously. And training contracts? in today's market?

I'm not saying XYZ regional or corporate flight department is perfect, but at least you can get hard days off and acceptable QoL (assuming you aren't commuting) at a regional where they won't touch you on your days off, aside from the random junior man. And most regionals have labor contracts which limit the amount of junior manning. There are 135 companies that treat their pilots much better, but it's outfits like these that just make me wonder. As long as pilots keep accepting bush league jobs like these, it just keeps the bar low and further legitimizes sh!t pay and QoL. Educate yoself!