Thread: Luggage...
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 11:25 AM
MacGuy2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Couch Potato

Originally Posted by MaydayMark View Post
I'm pulling this out of the airline history "cobwebs." I think Travel Pro was the first luggage manufacturer with a pull handle and wheels. Over the years I sent back 2 bags for repair. Each time I received a letter saying that mine wasn't repairable and it was replaced with a new one.

Many years ago there was an "industry" Travel Pro outlet store in South Florida. It was mostly stuff with very slight imperfections that no one would ever see.

MM
Mark, I think your memories are of the 'old' Travel Pro. Back when the company was owned by the NWA pilot who started the business. Back when they were a great company. The 'new' Travel Pro, after the NWA guy sold out, is NOT so consumer friendly. Just a couple of years ago I had a zipper rip on the standard 22" roll aboard. Took it to an authorized Travel Pro facility in Atlanta. The store owner promptly told me it was damaged by the airlines. I assured her the bag had never been checked--I always carry it onboard. They still refused to repair it under warranty claiming it was airline damaged. I raised h@ll all the way to the corporate office and the best they would do was to pay 50%. That was my last Travel Pro.

MG2