View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 10:59 AM
Boris Badenov
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
Thanks for the info I applied today prefer the 50 if its only one year contract. Do you get a lot of pop trips back side of clock trips ie been up since 6 am and they give you a trip departing at 11 pm ? Are all fleets home based ? when your on for 12 will are they still extend you without your consent ? Appreciate the info !!
I have had sales try a couple of times to do a midnight transcon after we'd been up since 8am or whatever. I just said no, never heard anything else about it. I can't promise that's what will happen next time, but it's a fairly rare occurence. As far as I know, only the Hawker and Falcons are home-based. I know to a certainty that the Gulfstream is ILG-only (at least for the time being), and I'm fairly sure they want Lear guys in ILG as well (incidentally, they just advertised for a Lear F/O, and imho it might not be a bad deal if you don't mind living in ILG. I think it's pretty much the director's personal plane at this point.)

I have never been extended without consent, but I know the guy who said above that he had been and he's not one to make things up (unless it involves a pizza delivery). If they attempted to extend me without consent I would buy a plane ticket home and let them figure it out.

Happy to help, good luck.