View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 09:15 PM
450knotOffice
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by HanSoolu View Post
Wouldn't it be great if it was all in one location? Problem solved.

All of “it” as YOU see it. That’s not information. That’s YOUR biased opinion. Your post is totally slanted toward how YOU view your experience.

Seeing as Envoy is still attracting new hires, I respectfully disagree.

So your goal is actually not to give unbiased information, but rather to steer people away based on YOUR ooinion.

You must not have read the people that agreed between the original post and your post.

There were quite a few who agreed that Envoy has issues. No kidding. Every airline does - especially at the Regional level. You’ve admitted to Envoy being your third in five years, so this should not have been a surprise to you.

Furthermore, the conditions need not apply to ALL pilots for them to be an applicable issue.

There ARE issues there. No doubt. I put up with them for two decades. Much worse crap than you ever experienced. Name ONE Regional that does not have “issues”. In fact, all of the mainlines have “issues” too. Every company does. However, I took the good with the bad and realized that I loved my job in an overall sense, and nobody was forcing me to work there. I could leave at any time, yet I stuck around. I wasnt a complainer then and never have been. First World problems.

If you dispute what I posted as FACT, then back up your claim.

I’ll get to that in another post. Some of your “facts” are just wrong, and others are just a matter of what’s important and what’s not in the overall scheme to any given individual.

The reason my original post was so long winded is because it utilized something called evidence. Something you have absolutely no shred of, seeing as Envoy doesn't have an Airbus.

Evidence? In your world, your opinions are evidence? I worked for Eagle - now Envoy - for twenty two years. I left more than four years ago. I still have PLENTY of friends who work there. I know what’s happening there - good and bad. I pay attention because I still have friends there. Not only that, with regard to travel bennies, you and I are equals, yet somehow my wife and I have little problem traveling. Never have. In fact, nether do my D3 friends. Is it tougher these days than twenty years ago? For sure. However, persistence and flexibility are key there.

I welcome anything that the current pilot's at Envoy refute. But you can't just say "no, you're wrong," and offer no explanation whatsoever.

I offered none, because I didn’t feel like being drawn into a tit for tat with you. But I will if you want. I’ll go there. Not that I say it’s perfect, mind you, or even good in some respects, but it’s not as bad overall as you make it out to be. Well, maybe it is for you. However, as said, your own opinion in the matter is only YOUR opinion. It’s not fact.

That's great. If you work at Envoy, I'm sure the new hires would love to hear others (but not yours) as well!

The fact of the matter is this: Few have agreed with me publicly. Many more have sent me direct messages thanking me for writing this post.

Good for you. I’m sure you feel validated.

The simple fact that one person decided to stay away from Envoy means that my post served a purpose. Maybe it was small, maybe it was big. But people are reading this post. And to me, that's all that matters.

So you convinced a few people to move on. So what? They’ll get the same general experience at Regional B or C. Refute that? Well, I have friends at the mighty Skywest who complain as vociferously as those at Envoy. Same at Endeavor.

The bottom line is this: given the option to go to Envoy or another regional, I can NOT in good conscience recommend this company.

Great. Opinion noted. It is, however , YOUR take on the matter, based on how YOU feel about your employment at Envoy. Others will have different opinions.

This is my opinion and I do believe that everyone is entitled to one.

Absolutely! Glad you admit that.
Not everyone is a match for every company or industry. You apparently are not a match for the airline industry. No worries. It is what it is. But don’t create a HUGE diatribe about why you dislike a company you work for, and then call it fact. It’s fact in your opinion only. Others may feel totally different while working for the same company in the same capacity.

Last edited by 450knotOffice; 01-05-2018 at 09:32 PM.