View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 02:02 AM
SilentLurker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: FO
Default Read Before You Come To Envoy

Originally Posted by Purpleanga View Post
. 2 years ago, allegiant only hired rejects, convicts and dui cases, glad you got lucky tho...

False classification! Not a true characterization of Allegiant. I know a couple people from my previous outfit their now. Stellar pilots I flew with, good record, and history, college educated going to Allegiant. Not rejects, or tarnished convicts, dui cases like you say. Totally false. Allegiant has been selective of their pilots. Good pilots and the company got ahead of the pay shortage and offered pilots a good fair contract. One of the guys i kept in contact with was an ExpressJet FO who had been their 8/9yrs, good record, college degree, No calls from the majors (not a believer in job fairs, points, etc). He went to Allegiant 2 years ago, and each person I speak with talks highly of Allegiant. They enjoy their job, are HOME EVERY NIGHT, LIVING IN BASE, make good money to enjoy a very comfortable career. They are happy overall.

Don’t let the interweb boards fool you. Also the company did have some very public MX issues with the MD88 on property. That fleet has shrunk and retiring. Replaced by the A320, should be all Bus fleet soon. I have not checked the fleet plan in a while. They have taken deliveries of a ton of buses, and more in order.

Moral of the story, comment above is passing false rumor. Allegiant got ahead of the pilot shortage and improved its safety reputation. Lots of soft pay. Fair contract, happier pilot group.

Check out the W2 Thread section of the mainline forum. Good info. A lot has changed in the industry, not just regional pay, over the l
past 3 years. The worst place to be WHEN another down turn in the economy cycle arrives is the REGIONAL. Get OUT. Flow will not save you. 9 yr flow will turn into a 15yr flow again!

I’m comfortable right now & happy at Envoy btw, thanks only to relative seniority. I came onboard at a good time. My apps are going out now... Captain pay needs improvement here, $$$ not worth the forced captain upgrades coming & possible stagnation.

Last edited by SilentLurker; 01-06-2018 at 02:39 AM.