View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 08:57 AM
ag386
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

I was posting in this forum while still working at Envoy. As someone above mentioned, the cold hard facts at the time made me look beyond just applying at the legacies. I had 135 PIC time before arriving at Envoy but still wasn't extremely competitive at the time. Having the flow in my back pocket as some speak of here was OK but then I started to look deeply into the history of AMR/AAG/Envoy management in order to determine the real worth of that flow card.

What I came up with was that the flow as advertised wasn't going to happen. Due to the fact that Envoy had to operate their minimum schedule for AA coupled with the low number of new hires at the time, I was coming up with closer to 8 years at a time when 5 years was accepted as fact here. I believe that I have been proven correct in the time since late 2015 when I first began posting about this. Yes, Envoy is getting many more new hires now, however, management continues to add flying and airframes which just makes the hiring requirement go up.

Also, management has stated that 25 per month maximum throughout the PP group is all that is going to happen. In addition in 2017, there were 3 total months that zero Envoy flows were moved over to AA. This just extends the time that one here has to wait. Don't think that months with zero flows aside from December can't happen again. I think it's highly likely.

Let's look at some facts. Currently, flows are early 2006 hires. 12 year flow still intact. As of now, there are 100 pilots on the list total from 2006. 208 are on the list from 2007. If, IF, AAG/Envoy continue to flow 25 per month all year minus December, it will be this time next year before the last person hired in 2007 flows. You are essentially down to an 11 year flow at this point.

Considering outside attrition to legacies and other carriers that happens at Envoy in addition to the extra flying required by AAG, AND the new Endeavor/Republic contract rates, I feel like the perfect storm is brewing that will see not enough bodies to fly the schedule. Does anyone think Envoy or AAG for that matter will release people to flow when they cannot complete their flying schedule?

Aside from all of this, I determined at the time when I got called to work at Allegiant, even under their old contract, that my fortunes were better served by going there even if I had to fly the MD80. I live in South Florida so as you are aware, Envoy closed my MIA base and I was left to commute which degraded my QOL even further. Fortunately, I got the Airbus in my new hire class and was able to get based at home. I haven't done an overnight since arriving here 2 years ago. It's a true bonus that the new Allegiant contract was signed and I had a quick upgrade in my base. Had I stayed at Envoy, my pay rate as a 175 CA which I could hold now would be $75/hour vs. the $160/hour I'm getting now. Double the pay plus a little.

My decision was made due to the horrible treatment of the pilot group at the time and weighing out the options above. I understand that since QOL has gotten moderately better but still lacks in many areas. The original poster isn't 100% correct on every aspect but hits most of the points somewhat accurately.

I came back here to post in order to show that there are other options aside from waiting on a legacy with the flow in your back pocket. I have my apps in with the big 4 with no calls yet, but honestly if I don't get a call, a career at Allegiant isn't the worst thing in the world. I was berated on here and jumped on by a pack of recruiting hyenas who mocked my decision and derided me for being so stupid.

Looks like there are still a few of you recruiting and sales types about but not in the numbers of two years ago with all the cheerleading about Envoy's magical flow. I believe it's because most have figured out that the flow as originally advertised ain't happening.