View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 11:46 AM
SilentLurker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: FO
Default Cubicle to Regional

Originally Posted by bnkangle View Post
The city you live in has nothing to do with seniority or getting an interview.

Get your hours and pick which regional you want to work at. Living in NYC, I'd look at Republic and Envoy.
Look at Envoy or Endeavor..... Hands down!

Just curious why u recommended Republic to him? I’m at ENY, but still for his situation I could honestly this order:

1. Endeavor (get a shoe-In Delta Interview, plus highest paid regional, plus very solid Rsv rules). With OP’s background and Masters Degree, he has a great shot, and future. Hands down Endeavor is the #1 place for him if he wants NYC base. Quick upgrades too. Solid pilot group. also one of the best Regional with Very Strong and ever improving Mgmt-Pilot Relationship. Delta is known to take care of its people and it shows at Endeavor. It not just a statement, they follow through, Delta leads the way, and the industry.

2. CommutAir ($72/$75K 1st yr FO compensation or something like that, EWR base across the pond). Quick upgrade, solid work group. Mgmt to pilot relationship improving, especially since recent “Salary” raise/ Plus a Bonus raise / Plus retention bonus raised. Also CPP is a guaranteed interview at United, except you know sooner rather than later that you will get a Slot at United vs the Endeavor program where u wait until the your a Captain for at-least 2yrs before u can interview. Something like that.

3. Envoy (flow, in 9 yrs, decent compensation than Republic only because of a temporary Bonus), hourly rate wise Republic pays more to start. Overall compensation Envoy. The flow is a great back pocket no more interview tool to have. If u need a light at the end of the tunnel. ENY is Reserve rules are considered a crap full toilet bowl of rules, lots of grievances, and company manipulation of contract language also). Quick upgrades, but forced upgrades means reserve hell. Mgmt to Pilot relationship degrading and falling apart!

4. Republic Airways. No quick upgrades, trying to fill up classes. Pay lower than previous 3. Decent reserve rules. Solid pilot group. Mgmt to pilot relationship improving a lot.

Feel free to add or correct my statement or listing.

Last edited by SilentLurker; 01-06-2018 at 12:01 PM.