View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 07:55 AM
Check Complete
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2010

Originally Posted by jetprop420 View Post
If awarded a captain position at SkyWest during class, do we finish training as a captain or first officer? If we finish training as an FO, do we go through the full training program again as a captain or an abbreviated schedule? Thanks in advance.

One of the guys that was awarded a CA position as a new hire ended up going through complete initial, then he had to go back through the full upgrade curriculum. The FAA said there was no approved pathway for that type of circumstance. That may have been corrected by now, but I'm not sure.

I do know that until you do your last sim check that your pay will be FO starting pay at the training guarantee of 65 hours per month. No per diem and you get to share a room with another person.

So think about it, if your career aspirations are to get some time and get out, why SkyWest? Your pay and direct entry at Endeavor or Republic is going to be much better considering their pay scale and that they pay actual block? No double bunking through training and at a pay scale that doesn't kill your savings until you are on line! If you are coming to SkyWest for the possible bases, I understand. Just remember as a new CA you will not get out of DTW or ATL for 5 years.