View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 07:02 AM
full of luv
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Narrow/Left Wide/Right

Originally Posted by ecam View Post
Yes, these embody the ridiculous spin and rhetoric we're talking about here. Just hate on. So either you're too stupid to draw the picture in your head, or you just can't let the truth cloud your hate.

Let me try this one last time. "We" didn't hold the DAL furloughees hostage. DAL management did, via their mouthpiece at Comair. THEY told us the only way THEY would agree to hire the furloughees is if WE take concessions. So we simply passed this demand along to DALPA. As in "since we have to give something up for you, you should give something up for us". It's easy to look back at this as a bad decision, but at the time, it seemed perfectly reasonable. In truth, we owed the DAL pilots nothing more than the UAL pilots, the AA pilots, or any other independent pilot group did. And I didn't see any of them offering concessions to hire the DAL pilots either.
Actually none of them were hiring during the RJ explosion, only the regionals.
The ONLY regional that was massively hiring but required a Delta pilot to submit his resignation letter to start was COMAIR.
You stated that Delta owned both ASA and CMR's mgmt, then why the difference if not for the CMR MEC's demands.

I don't hate anyone over it, but I certainly won't forget either when it effected many of my friends just trying to stay employed somewhere as the mainlines were parking planes and the RJ's were quickly expanding.

It really just rubs the wrong way when revisionists try to cloud the actions of the CMR MEC, despite the memos, despite the fact that other supposedly puppeted RJ mgmt's didn't seem to take the same approach, just CMR.

Happy New Year and I hope that Lawson, and every other CMR employee eventually found their spot in this industry, able to work for a living.
I thank the aviation gods every year that the RJDC wasn't successful in breaking down mainline scope further and get 737's and 320's placed at CMR and other regionals or this industry would be a much less desirable endstate for many.