Thread: Mesa Questions
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 10:27 PM
JBirdE175
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by Flaps8posrate View Post
Calmwinds, thank you for your reply, I had hoped you would do so. Primarily, we are making a decision on our priorities - 1 I’m older (61) and would like to get TPIC in the 121 world before I turn 65, as that will set me up for my post 65 career plans. 2 We both wish to live near our adult children and families. 3 I have recently been unsuccessful in obtaining my ATP type at another 121 operator in the allotted sim time and I know that I will be successful with another round of sims. (Beyond session 9, they were coming too infrequently to be sharp and consistent in my performance.)
I have friends at OO, but their upgrade time is pretty long. I looked at other regionals, but my wife and I are not willing to move East for Republic, Endeavour, PSA, etc.
My friends tell me that I remind them of Dick Karl, the retired Surgeon who does the columns for Flying. His most recent column is, interestingly enough, about his type rating failure for his new jet.
Yeah OO is down to a 1 month upgrade in both DTW and ATL. Basically street captains.