View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 04:09 AM
Route66
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
Maybe.

How do wie fix this ****?

Whatever it takes. I want to fix this Union.
First, I think the operative word is "WE". There are so many different factions here that I am skeptical the word "WE" would apply. Like you said, the best direction would be to just quit the union and get a large enough group to quit paying dues forcing those that want your money make them actually WORK for the privilege of convincing you that your money is well spent.

Pilots are so afraid of "the company" (not that they are perfect, by any means) they think that the union is a necessary evil. If the organization is "evil" as the saying goes, why contribute?

Once you break up the money, the association will change according to the needs of the group and not the wants of the few. The association is NOT in Section 6 yet, but they are negotiating Section 6 provisions that WILL GIVE TO THE FEW (LOS furloughs) YOUR MONEY while still stripping you of YOUR rights to keep YOUR MONEY.

These negotiations are led by Carey who simply want THEIR way and not YOUR way. Who is worst: the Company who IS that way or the Association who PRETENDS THE OPPOSITE?

The Company gives me a pay check, profit sharing, pay raises and generally good working conditions.

Tell me again what the LAA UNION gave us with THEIR GREEN BOOK in 2013????