View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 09:57 AM
ecam
Banned

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by full of luv View Post
Actually none of them were hiring during the RJ explosion, only the regionals.
The ONLY regional that was massively hiring but required a Delta pilot to submit his resignation letter to start was COMAIR.
You stated that Delta owned both ASA and CMR's mgmt, then why the difference if not for the CMR MEC's demands.

I don't hate anyone over it, but I certainly won't forget either when it effected many of my friends just trying to stay employed somewhere as the mainlines were parking planes and the RJ's were quickly expanding.

It really just rubs the wrong way when revisionists try to cloud the actions of the CMR MEC, despite the memos, despite the fact that other supposedly puppeted RJ mgmt's didn't seem to take the same approach, just CMR.

Happy New Year and I hope that Lawson, and every other CMR employee eventually found their spot in this industry, able to work for a living.
I thank the aviation gods every year that the RJDC wasn't successful in breaking down mainline scope further and get 737's and 320's placed at CMR and other regionals or this industry would be a much less desirable endstate for many.
Management buys planes, parks planes, hires, and furloughs. Pilots fly planes we are told to fly.

The fact that over a decade later, you still insist on blaming a pilot group shows you just need a scapegoat. Blame your beloved management over on Virginia Avenue who would throw you away in a heartbeat if it was profitable. You need to stop looking back at RJs and start worrying about INTERNATIONAL CODESHARE. That's your real boogey man. It's going to make the shift to flying RJs look like nothing when your transoceanic routes are replaced by pilots making half what you make on the same equipment.