View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 12:23 PM
BigZ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by ag386 View Post
He's right. This board is a hotbed for Envoy recruiters and slimy salesmen that come on here and put the hard sell on unsuspecting saps such as yourself.

They'll sell you BS by the truckload here on just how lightning fast you'll be at AA.

What do you think about that? Cool huh.
See, after I interviewed with Envoy I made a point to go back and read the forum posts for the entirety of 2017 to get a general feel for trends over that past year. I've been poking around for longer than that, naturally. Envoy isn't the only airline that I interviewed at, neither did the recruiters give me bs at the interview. During the presentation both the company and the union number of years were given with no preference to either. We asked questions and were given answers. Nothing I can think of was bs or koolaid. Do I think that the flow is a sure thing and I'll be in AA in six years? Not given the current circumstance. Do I think your gig sucks because it's not a legacy? Nope. For some dudes lack of exotic overnights is taking away from the job, to me that's golden.
Back to Envoy though - it's a regional. I'm picking a regional where I have a high chance of driving to work and if need be bidding another base that works for me and where I can drive to work too. I tend to like the current uniform. I'd prefer something with a VNAV, but will settle for the 145. Reserve rules suck, but I hope it'll get better eventually. Same goes for pay - given the opportunity I'd trade the sign on bonus for higher rates. But at the end of the day, it is what it is at this point in time. Would i love to have Air Whiskey health insurance and trip/duty rigs with Endeavor rates and Envoy bases that work for me and guaranteed flow in 5 years? Yes. Is it possible? No. Well then, working with what's possible then.

Message I quoted originally was eye-roll-worthy, that's all, nothing else to see here.