View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 05:41 PM
Whiskey4
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011

Originally Posted by MediumRare View Post
Hi guys, would you mind sharing some advice from your experience and some of your coworkers?

I am considering jumping ship to Envoy. I am shy of 800 hours 121.
I live in my base ORD and I will only consider Envoy if upgrading to the 175 in ORD is an option at 1000hrs 121 time.

The $30K check day 1 of school, base, and capt salary are my main reasons. I understand the reserve rules and work conditions.

Am I being realistic about this happening? what would recommend to do? interviewing and see what they have to say?

I am open for suggestions
What’s wrong with flying a 145 in ORD? You can always transfer to the 175 later...especially if you let yourself get displaced to CA (no seat lock).

The 121 pilot bonus is fantastic, upgrade is instantaneous (if you want that immediately at 1000 hrs 121), you’ll be able to live in base at some point if not inmediately, and you’ll put “flow to a major” insurance in your back pocket.

My experience with Envoy has been positive. Everyone’s experience is different. Unless you love your current place (which I’m guessing is debatable since you’re considering a change), then Envoy is probably a good place to be right now.

Now hopefully enough dominoes will fall here soon to get the rates increased. Seems like at some point it will have to become inevitable. We’ll see...